Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 1998 19:41:37 +1100 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
To:        richard <richard@sneaker.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: auto update resolve.conf file  in Freebsd 2.2.7 ?

On Sat, 28 Nov 1998, richard wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My ISP assigns nameserver IP on each connection.
> FreeBSD 2.2.7 's ppp don't have a command "enable dns" like 3.0
> How can I achieve the same without this command ?

I assume you mean that your ISP assigns you a different IP every time
you log on, not that they change their name server IPs every time.  If
you download the latest ppp sources, you'll be able to use the enable
dns command on a 2.2.7 box.  You can get the latest source from
http://www.awfulhak.org/ppp.html

Also, theoretically, you should be able to enter any name servers in
your /etc/resolv.conf file and have them work, although they'll be a
little slower than your ISP's name servers.

Jim

: Jim Mock			| [jim@phrantic.phear.net]	:
: Phear Networks		| web: http://www.phear.net/	:
: A franchise of Triax, Inc.	| -----------------------------	:
: Web Site Design & Hosting	| FreeBSD: The Power to Serve	:
: Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	| http://www.freebsd.org/	: