Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 2003 09:23:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        mdodd@FreeBSD.ORG, dfr@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bug in subr_bus.c?

In message: <20030323174445.K36261-100000@resnet.uoregon.edu>
            John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu> writes:
: The bus code could use some locking in it... like you can't delete_child
: from child_detache... and/or better docs on how to handle children...  I'm
: not even sure how I was doing things wrong, but I think it might of been
: problems with my code not calling bus_generic_detach before calling
: device_child_delete...

I'm doing the locking, but you can do a bus_delete_child in a child's
detach routine.  Cardbus does this right now and it works when you
unload the cardbus bridge...

Warner