Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 14:42:44 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cd9660 mounts...

On 2.2.6 at least, I have a problem in mounting CDrom whose data
track is not the first one on the CD. Can someone verify if the same
problem also exists on -current ?

The reason i am looking at this is that it is very practical to dump
multiple tracks containing separate disk images
to the same CD when doing backups (and before fixating the disk).

To do this, i need to mount a track that is not at offset 0 on the disk,
and currently this is not possible.
I implemented kernel support for this, and it did not work. So i looked at
mount_cd9660.c and noticed that it already supports this configuration:
the code searches the last data track on a disk and passes the starting
block address for the track to the mount() call. It even allows a user
to specify a starting track.

Then i removed my code, and things still not worked. I instrumented the
code and noticed that an access at LBA 22 is attempted.

Looking at /sys/isofs/cd9660/cd9660_vfsops.c i have the feeling
that the start sector offset (ssector) is not accounted for in some
of the bread() calls, but i am not enough familiar with the code
to understand where and how to fix this...

	thanks
	luigi