Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 20:38:33 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        "Dan O'Connor" <dan@jgl.reno.nv.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xntpd server for MS-Win clients?

On 19 Feb 99, at 22:09, Dan O'Connor wrote:

> I have xntpd running on my 3.1-STABLE gateway, but I can't seem to get xntpd
> to act as a NTP server for my Win98 machine.
>
> I've tried a couple of Windose NTP software packages (incl. AtomTime98), and
> they can successfully connect to NTP servers out on the Internet, but my
> gateway's xntpd won't talk to them.
>
> My ntp.conf:
>
>     server time.nist.gov prefer
>     server tick.usno.navy.mil
>     server tock.usno.navy.mil
>     server 127.127.1.0
>     fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 10
>     driftfile /etc/ntp.drift
>
> I've read the man pages, searched the mailing list archives, and been to
> www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp with no success.
>
> Anyone out there have something like this working?

Yes.  Me.  I run NetLab under NT as my time coordinator.  And xntpd on my
FreeBSD box.  If you want netlab, you can find it at
http://members.tripod.com/~adanil/ but it does more than just time sync.
Guess it may not be exactly what you want.  Best of all, it's
FreeWare.

What time clients have you tried?

Also, see my site for details on my set up and how it works.

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary