Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 2000 07:22:11 +0100
From:      Herbert <h.j.s@gmx.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Handspring Visor - USB!

Hello!

I am running FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE and I am the owner of a Handspring Visor
Deluxe, but I have only an USB-Cradle.
The 4.2 RELEASE notes says that the Visor is a supported device now.
OK, I can make a backup with coldsync using /dev/ugen0. That is working
perfectly. But I cannot use the other palm apps like malsync.
Is it possible to use malsync to sync my Avantgo channels?

setenv PILOTPORT /dev/ugen0
<Pressing the Hotsync Button>
malsync

But I only get the following error message:

Unable to bind to port '/dev/ugen0'

Anybody has an idea what's wrong?

Thanks,
Herbert