Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:46:25 -0400
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kernel ignores kenv comconsole_speed?

--Apple-Mail-11-775075709
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

On Oct 20, 2006, at 6:59 AM, Stefan Bethke wrote:

> I have -DS115200 in /boot.config, and boot and loader are happily
> using this speed. However, the kernel appears to be hardwired to 9600.

I've only ever gotten it to work when /boot.config looks like "-D -
S115200".  I don't think you can merge the -S flag with the others,
at least according to my read of the man page.

Also make sure the boot loader is at least as new as that installed
by 6.0-REL. Older ones (ie from 5.x didn't work at all with -S for me.)

You will probably want to run "fdisk -B" to update that.

--Apple-Mail-11-775075709--