Date:      Fri, 9 May 2003 00:41:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marwan Fayed <mfayed@cs.bu.edu>
To:        Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: remote logins hang (new info)

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Marwan Fayed wrote:

> > > As it turns out, I do not need to be connected for the problem to
> > > occur. There have been times when I telnet/ssh/ping/etc to the machine and
> > > there is no response -- unless I walk over to it and hit a key on the
> > > keyboard.
> >
> > sorry if I say something wrong but, it seems as if your computer is
> > hibernating. check your bios settings.

I am writing in case others have this problem and need the solution...

Thanks a TON, Eduardo, this turned out to be correct. During the hardware
upgrade I had to move my network card to a lower pci slot, to which the
corresponding irq was not monitored during power saving modes. I've
changed the setting and all works well.

Thanks again!