Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:57:11 -0700
From:      Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Subject:   Re: cvsup for sourceforge & other similar sites.

On Thursday 25 August 2005 16:45,  the author Vizion contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: cvsup for sourceforge & other similar sites.:

>On Thursday 25 August 2005 16:34,  the author Giorgos Keramidas contributed
> to the dialogue on-
>
> Re: cvsup for sourceforge & other similar sites.:
>>On 2005-08-25 15:40, Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am wanting to cvs automatically - but I seem to fail to get into
>>> sourceforge (either command line or using cron) -- by using cvsup on
>>> the ports tree I have become lazy and confused by the cvs manual!! (I
>>> do wish freebsd manuals had more detailed examples!!). I used to do
>>> this stuff regularly (longer ago than I care to admit) - but it takes
>>> time to get back into it!

<snip>

>>> dns1# ls -l
>>> total 0
>>>
>>> /* Try again adding '.' after eclipseexul */
>>> dns1# cvs -f -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/eclipsexul. login
>>> Logging in to :pserver:anonymous@cvs.sf.net:2401/cvsroot/eclipsexul.
>>> CVS password:
>>> cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.sf.net: M -!-
>>> Client or Server timeout occurred!
>>>
>>> /*I just seem to get errors from cvs! I guess I need to find out what I
>>> am doing wrong*/
>>
>>Sourceforge problems, as far as I can tell.
>
>Thanks
>
>I have taken it up with sourceforge - hopefullty I will get an answer..
>
>Thanks for your time
You were right -- twas sourceforge .. they contacted me after fixing their
server and it now works! I made a bad call and assumed it was my error!
David

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.