Date:      Thu, 25 Dec 2014 20:48:04 +0100
From:      Marko =?UTF-8?B?Q3VwYcSH?= <marko.cupac@mimar.rs>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   10.1-RELEASE-p3 possibly broke parts of dns resolution in postfix

Hi,

it appears that update to 10.1-RELEASE-p3 broke my mysql maps in
postfix, where hosts is specified with FQDN. Changing it to IP address
works around it.

This worked, but does not work anymore:
> pacija@mail:~ % sudo cat /usr/local/etc/postfix/smtpd_sender_login_maps.cf
> user = someuser
> password = somepass
> hosts = host.example.org
> dbname = somedatabase
> query = SELECT goto FROM alias WHERE address = '%s' AND active = 1

With conf like this I see the following message in maillog:
> Dec 25 16:47:15 mail postfix/submission/smtpd[1885]: warning: connect to mysql server host.example.org: Unknown MySQL server host 'host.example.org' (0)

This works:
> pacija@mail:~ % sudo cat /usr/local/etc/postfix/smtpd_sender_login_maps.cf
> user = someuser
> password = somepass
> hosts = 192.168.1.10
> dbname = somedatabase
> query = SELECT goto FROM alias WHERE address = '%s' AND active = 1

Also, when submitting mail to submission port, it does not resolve
recipient domains, so mail is being rejected when
reject_non_fqdn_recipient and reject_unknown_recipient_domain are on.

Both forward and reverse drill are resolving fine.
--
Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs