Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:45:38 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>, "Jan Grant" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc:        "setantae" <setantae@submonkey.net>, "questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: home pc use

Absolute rubbish.  There's still plenty of incompatible and conflicting
hardware.
Lots of cards work perfectly well in one system but badly in another, under
Windows or any other OS.

Suspecting hardware in a fault is perfectly legitimate.  However it can't stop
there, you have to substitute with different hardware and see if the problem
follows the hardware or follows the software.  The problem is that the people
that suspect hardware and aren't willing to swap it out are protecting their
feelings of affection for some piece of hardware, somewhere.