Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 1996 13:59:24 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux ELF crossdev on -current?

Ok all you lurking multiplatformers, I have a pretty straightforward
question for you. 8)

Fairly soon, one of the pieces of software that we use is going to be
moving to using FLEXlm (it's a linux binary, but that's neither here nor
there).

In anticipation of this, I've contacted Globetrotter and am in posession of
the current FLEXlm evaluation kit.

What has me stumped just now is that to test the demo I have to build a
vendor daemon (ignore the jargon); ie. I need to build a Linux ELF binary.

Is anyone else doing this under 2.1.x or 2.2?  Care to share a few words of
wisdom?

Globetrotter have been very helpful so far, and IMHO it would be a Good
Thing for FLEX to work properly under FreeBSD.