Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 23:39:23 +0100 (CET)
From:      Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@worldnet.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HELP!!! Install Kernel hangs on laptop

Hello!

I have a new UNIKA laptop with the following charateristics:
- AMD K6-2 333
- 32 Mb RAM
- 4Go IDE
- CD 24x IDE

Beyond of the problem I cannot boot from the CDrom (I think of a bug in
the BIOS because it is suppose to do it) I have this particular strang
problem:

after inserting an install floppy (FreeBSD 2.2.8), the kernel is
uncompressed and just hangs right after displaying:
  jkh@time.cdrom.com:...

if I boot with the -v option I see it hangs after messages about
CALIBRATION_I586
CALIBRATION_I8524
(Sorry but do not remember the exact sentences)

Does anybody has an idea?

Thanks for any help!

Phil.