Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:21:21 -0600
From:      Craig Boston <craig@xfoil.gank.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: painted myself into a corner..

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 09:05:28PM +0000, Julian Elischer wrote:
> what kind of laptop do you have?
> what version of X is installer?

It's an older model -- Compaq m700 (scourge of ACPI implementations
everywhere ;)  I'm running x.org 6.8.1 from ports.  The video chip is:

none2@pci1:0:0: class=0x030000 card=0xb1110e11 chip=0x4c4d1002 rev=0x64 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'ATI Technologies Inc.'
    device   = '01541014 Rage P/M Mobility AGP 2x'
    class    = display
    subclass = VGA

> As I don't have X at the moment it's not all that easy to go surf the
> site.. (hmm note to self.. load lynx next today)

lol, isn't that the truth.  I've found that elinks works fairly well
also, especially for pages with frames and tables that lynx doesn't
render well.

Though, as I'm reading through the page this afternoon it looks like
that driver may have already been merged into the main X.org tree
between 6.7 and 6.8 :(  Maybe that's what broke it on your Dell...

Craig