Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 15:39:29 +0100 (BST)
From:      Geoff Buckingham <geoffb@gti.noc.demon.net>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        geoffb@gti.noc.demon.net, rkw@dataplex.net, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.0-19980923-BETA/

> > The boot floppy for the current beta doesn't seem to know about DPT
> > cards. Anybody know where I can get one that does now the cam dir has
> > disappeared from the FTP site?
>
> I'm not sure if it builds in -current yet - it's gotta be commented
> out of GENERIC for a reason, is my feeling, and if it's not commented
> out for a reason then all somebody (who knows this) has to do is
> uncomment it for the next BETA snapshot to support this. :-)

I worry some times that is has been forgotten (I know it hasn't) but
I havn't noticed it appearing in relnotes and hardware.txt

For my part I will confirm the PM334UDW used to work pre CAM and will
happily confirm it still works when I get my hands on a boot image.

I also have a PM3334UW working fine under 2.2.7. Additionally I have
one of the cheaper narrow PCI DPT controllers that has an edge connecter
for a add on card at the back. I have been unable to get this to work
so far. I will try to find the model number.

> Also, cam hasn't gone away, it's just moved under development/ on
> ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD.

Cool.

--
GeoffB