Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 10:28:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!kis.ru!dv, ponds!freebsd.org!freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: uucp ws fifo ports problem

> Hello!
>
> There is a problem with UUCP with some types of FIFO COM-ports.
>
> Fix:
>
> Change  #define HAVE_POSIX_TERMIOS to #define HAVE_BSD_TTY in uucp/policy.h
>
> Dmitry.

 Could you describe the problem?   That is, why is this a problem;
what symptoms show up, etc...

 I've noticed in later versions of FreeBSD my uucp throughput has dropped;
and one version began moving bad characters.  I have yet to reproduce
the bad-character problem (I just get corrupted news feeds, about one
every two weeks.)

 	- Dave Rivers -