Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 07:47:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        jshafer@triton.net
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org, postmaster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spam blocking (was Re: Book - "Pulpit Confessions: Exposing The Black Church")

	when we get spammed from a site.  our procedure is send email
to several addresses at the site (postmaster, abuse, root, whois
addresses).  sometimes i even call them.  if the response if not
reasonable, then they get blocked.  if they do not respond in a
reasonable amount of time given the amount of spam that we are
receiving, they get blocked.

	get off the block list is easy.....they need to contact me and
say that "we are trying" ;)   then we remove them from the block list
and wait to see if the problem reappears.

	if the problem returns, back on the list.

jmb