Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 2001 20:39:04 -0800
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apsfilter - gs question

> On Sunday 07 January 2001 08:31, you wrote:
> > I installed apsfilter from the ports and it installed just fine.
> > I then ran ./SETUP and it was running fine until I came to
> > the list of printer to choose from. I found the model I have -
> > HP Deskjet 680C, and picked that model, then got a message
> > that that driver is not compiled into the version of gs I have
> > installed (by the port install of apsfilter). The message said
> > to configure ghostscript with that driver (or all drivers).
> <dumb question>
> Have you tried ghostscript 6.01 ?
> </dumb question>
> If you actually find out it solves the problem, please let the list
> know :-)
>
> Best regards,
> Salvo

I got it to work (in b/w only) with the ghostscript 6.0.1_1.
In the SETUP for apsfilter there is the one option (#4 I think) that
is a toggle for "Print Resolution in Dots per Inch and
Monochrome/Color".  But there is no option for the setting the
monochrome/color choice, just the dpi choices and custom. Anyone
know how I can get color to work on my HP 680C? It works fine in
b/w.

--
Chip Wiegand
www.wiegand.org