Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:50:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
To:        BSD Blood <bsdblood@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wd & ata

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, BSD Blood wrote:

:Hello.
:   I'm using FreeBSD 4.1. My kernel contains the ata driver for the IDE
:controllers. I understand that the ata driver has replaced the wd driver. My
:question is:-
:
:1. Are there any / Do I need to use certain flags to enable LBA, DMA, etc.
:features like for the wd driver? Or is this done automatically by the ata
:driver?

No, you don't need to do anything.  The ata driver will do the fastest rate
that the drive, controller, and cable support.  You should build entries in
/dev for ad?, and update your /etc/fstab to use tehm, if you ahve't done so
already.

Also, this is not really a -hackers question.  It belongs in -questions.
And please don't cross post between the lists.

--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com
Bipedalism is only a fad.