Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 04:01:05 -0600
From:      Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org>
To:        jordan.breeding@attbi.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions about -current

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

First off, you sent this to the wrong list.  Most of the questions you
bring up in here should have been directed at -questions.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 09:22:08AM +0000, jordan.breeding@attbi.com wrote:
>   I just upgraded to -current today to get a couple of=20
> features including devfs working.  In the process I=20
> have run into a few questions (mainly things to do with=20
> the fact that up until a few days ago I was only using=20
> linux 2.4.x):
If you are new to FreeBSD, -CURRENT might not be a wise place to start.

> 1) Will either the in kernel or oss sound driver for an=20
=2E..

> 3) Will USB keyboards work as the system console=20
> keyboard any time soon, right now I can't seem to get=20
> my Sun Type 6 USB keyboard to work even though it shows=20
> up in dmesg.
If you have both a PS/2 and USB keyboard, you need to make use of
`kbdcontrol -k`.

> 4) Is there anyone actively maintaining dri for XFree86=20
> on FreeBSD, I couldn't get my Radeon 7500 to work with=20
See /usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod or http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~eanholt/d=
ri/

=2E..
> 6) I have found the pages for hardware monitoring=20
> support in the FreeBSD kernel and have a few questions=20
> about it: Will the updated code which supports newer=20
> AMD and VIA monitoring chips be rolled into -current=20
> soon?  And if so what userland utility does one use in=20
> FreeBSD to pull values from the driver like lm-sensors=20
> does for Linux?
I've got /usr/ports/sysutils/xmbmon/ working perfectly with my setup.

--=20
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: 77042C7B
smkelly@zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org

For PGP key, send e-mail with subject "send pgp key"

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA--