Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 13:14:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sendmail novice needs help

Hi:

I am trying to setup email for a domain, but am not having much luck.

I just setup the domain eadsa.com and configured the zone
file. However, I do not know if I set the MX records
correctly. Could someone inspect this zone file:

eadsa.com.  IN  NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
eadsa.com.  IN  NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.

eadsa.com.             IN  RP jim.freeze.org. jim.eadsa.com.  ; EXTREF
jim.freeze.org.        IN  TXT #Jim Freeze,    NIC handle: JF2009#    ;
EXTREF

localhost.eadsa.com.   IN  A  127.0.0.1
eadsa.com.             IN  A  24.9.218.175
www.eadsa.com.         IN  CNAME eadsa.com.
mail.eadsa.com.        IN  CNAME eadsa.com.

;                      IN  MX  10  mail.eadsa.com.  ; EXTREF
eadsa.com.             IN  MX  10  mail.eadsa.com.
*.eadsa.com.           IN  MX  100  mail.eadsa.com. ; GLOBALOK

Also, I tried to follow the FreeBSD handbook by adding
eadsa.com to /etc/sendmail.cw.
After restarting sendmail, I get this error message that
mail.eadsa.com loops back to itself:

May 31 13:10:38 eeyore1 sendmail[39038]: NAA39033: SYSERR(root):
mail.eadsa.com. config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?)

Brother, can you spare a clue?

Thanks

Jim Freeze
jim@freeze.org