Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:28:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jon Noack" <noackjr@compgeek.com>
To:        mcglk@artlogix.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, keramida@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: rhetorical-questions@freebsd.org

> I can think of no better way to marginalize FreeBSD than support

I regret the wording of my original email.  The tone of your email seemed
pretty sarcastic and demeaning to FreeBSD.  My goal was to point out that
there are much more productive ways of trying to solve the problem than
ranting about it and comparing it Linux ;-).  As for support, I am merely a
user of FreeBSD just like you.  When I say "we" about FreeBSD, I mean the
community.  I guess my point was that if you're going to ask other people
to help you (for free), it pays to ask nicely and try to give a little back
(see previous message from Giorgos).  This approach helps motivate others
and keeps "us" all happy.  I'll stop here, as Giorgos has already put this
idea down much more eloquently than I could ever hope to achieve...

Jon