Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 23:00:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Wahyudi Gunawan <wgunawan92@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Crystal Sound - HELP

All,

Second try. I have an onboard sound card. The chip are
CS4280-CM and CS4297.(I checked on the motherboard)

I looked at the pcm and csa man, these chipset are
supported and they are detected during the boot up
process.

Here is the message I got from dmesg:
csa0: <Crystal Semiconductor CS4614/4622/4624 Audio
accelerator/4280 Audio controller> mem
0xfd600000-0xfd6fffff,0xfd7fe000-0xfd7fefff irq 5 at
device 5.0 on pci1
pcm0: <CS461x PCM Audio> on csa0

In my kernel, I add these lines to GENERIC kernel
options PNPBIOS
device pcm

and I already add device snd0 entry to /dev

I still couldn't get any sound and it always give me
message
/dev/dsp: Device busy

Any advice, pointer to a reference or solution on how
to resolving this problem would greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanca
Wahyudi

=====