Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 15:04:18 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Peter <peterk@americanisp.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP + startx

I was wondering if this is a bug or just somethign that is supposed to
happen and why it happens.

I do ppp then type "dial isp" hit alt+f2 login as bob do startx, which
causes my modem to just hang up.  Once I have X started i can hit
ctrl+alt+f1 and go back and retype dial isp it dials finally and I can
switch between windows all I want, my question how does user bob make the
modem hang up by starting X? I have also noticed that this happens in
linux.  I haven't tested it much but I think once I'm connected and do
startx it also kills my modem. (This is internal ISA modem if it makes a
diff.)