Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:59:48 -0700
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb.quenot@caraldi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 1.4.2 patchset 5

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:58:19AM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> First thank  you very much  for the porting  effort.  I have  a question
> related to bsd.java.mk: since upgrading the ports tree with this change,
> I can  no longer build  ports with a dependence  to the native  JDK just
> because bsd.java.mk imposes to have the new 1.4.2 whereas I kept the old
> 1.4.1.  It falls back to the Linux SUN JDK which is not what I want.  If
> 1.4.2 is not available, bsd.java.mk should fall back to 1.4.1 to resolve
> _JAVA_HOME_FREEBSD_1_4.
>
> Don't you think so?

Well, we have this same problem every time we change a minor version at
the moment.  We could hack around this in bsd.java.mk, but we currently
don't.  I'll try and work something up, but at the moment I'd prefer to
spend time getting Herve's bsd.java.mk 2.0 committed rather than fixing
the current one.  If you want to make a patch for the current one I'll
certainly review that though and commit.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org