Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 23:58:58 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Corrected versio-n of my 2 to questions to mtools.

1) What is the way to give an user unconstraint access to floopy disk
   by means of mtools(what I as user(it is home/situated my own machine,so
   I am not not vigilant about users doing nasty thing)got so far was:

   /dev/rfd0 : Permission denied
   Cannot initialize 'A'

   Exactly as it stands here.

   So as I asume it is about forbidden acces to raw floppy just to start
   with :)

2) Because I already got one answer from Mr. Georgios Keramidis
   it what be apropiate to move the discussion little bit.

   Essentialy , what was suggested is: Mount floppy disk
   with msdos filesytem on it.

  a) Rather nice idea,btw.In connection with this :
   What rights should I give to users for enabling
   use of mount of floppy disk by them also(Obvious
   write permissions to /mnt/floppy directory.
   What else?)
  b) I guess it could be the place where it is advisible to
     use amd(automounter) to spare typing of mount command
     every time and delegating the whole work of recognizing,
     initalizing to it(it as automounter).Is it to naive or
     could really be used in practice? If so would you point
     me to some tutorial where  I could get aquinted with
     operations and care and feeding of automounter?

Kind regards,

Ariel