Date:      Sat, 15 Dec 2007 04:05:35 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Barnaby Scott <bds@waywood.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: Absolute FreeBSD

On 2007-12-14 15:22, Barnaby Scott <bds@waywood.co.uk> wrote:
> I have just finished it and I would say it does exactly what what Ted
> and cpghost suggests it should - there are plenty of sections where
> the author introduces what can be done with a particular tool or part
> of the OS, and suggests to the reader to investigate further options
> in the approriate manuals. It also quite openly acknowledges that
> there is plenty that is not covered at all.
>
> As someone with very limited experience (I'm not sure if I still
> classify as a *complete* newbie) I found the book an excellent and
> even entertaining read, which serves it purpose extremely well: to
> give an overview and introduction, but with enough detail in relevant
> places to be able to get real, useful stuff done.

Michael has a writing style which I like a lot, but I haven't had a
chance to read the second version yet.

I've read the first version cover to back, however, and it was written
in a very entertaining, elegant style.  Judging from my experience with
the first edition, I expect nothing less than what you just described :)

- Giorgos