Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:30:42 -0700
From:      snacktime <snacktime@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd 5.4 panic on ffs_blkfree: freeing free frag

On 22 Sep 2005 09:13:52 -0400, Lowell Gilbert <
freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> snacktime <snacktime@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > This looks very similar, however it happened on 6.0.
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~pho/stress/log/cons107.html
>
> Could be similar; can't be sure without full debugging information.
>
> It doesn't seem likely to be an on-disk problem offhand (fair warning;
> that is *very* offhand), but forcing a clean fsck is certainly a good
> idea just to be sure.

Of course now I lost the link, but last night I found the page on open
issues for STABLE which listed this problem. I was running a copy of STABLE
that had a bug which messed up the filesystem accounting, and even though
I'm on a newer version of stable, the filesystem accounting is still messed
up and it will take a foreground fsck to fix it.

Or at least I'm praying that it's the same problem...

Chris