Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:20:13 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail rule questions

--mxv5cy4qt+RJ9ypb

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 01:11:55PM -0500, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> Benjamin Meade wrote:
> >Just wondering if sendmail (not procmail) can reject messages from a=20
> >specific user that are above a certain size?
>=20
> You can control the max message size on a sitewide basis via:
>=20
> define(`confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE', `21000000')dnl
>=20
> ...but I don't believe you can do so on a per-user basis, no.

The only way I could think of for doing this would be to create a
second set of mailer definitions with the 'M=3D' (Maximum message size)
setting altered appropriately, and custom parsing rules to force the
messages sent from a particular address to be delivered via those
mailers.  Needless to say, that's going to be a pig of a job to set up
and configure correctly.  You would be better off setting up some sort
of Milter or indeed forcing all of the messages to be processed
through procmail(8).

See http://www.benzedrine.cx/milter-regex.html or
http://www.snert.com/Software/milter-sender/ for somethings that might
do the job -- except that apparently neither of those can filter by
message size.  Both are available in ports -- if the term 'Milter'
means anything to you, and you're fluent at C programming then adding
a check on message size might be possible.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way