Date:      Wed, 07 Jul 2004 00:11:44 -0400
From:      jason <jason@ec.rr.com>
To:        Johnny Wong <necro@siudong.ath.cx>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gravis usb gamepad pro

Johnny Wong wrote:

> Hi all,
> How can I get my usb gravis gamepad pro to work in freebsd
> 4.9-release? I would like to use this game pad to play games in zsnes,
> xmame, dgen and more.
> Thanks in advance

I have had the same question and have found some answers, but not what I
wanted.  Check out man uhid and usbhidctl.  You can do any system
command do can do in the shell, like changing volume with your game
pad.  I have not found a way to do a keyboardmap like you can do so easy
in linux and windows.  Your best hope would be good sdl or pad support
in the app you are running.  If you find out more, or get some mapper
app, please let me know.  I wish there was a way to have freebsd treat a
pad as a keyboard or something.

Jason