Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 05:44:28 -0500
From:      Rob <drifter@stratos.nospam.net>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GNOME compile problems

On Fri, Feb 19, 1999 at 09:45:38PM -0700, Brett Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > 	Oh, well. Thanks anyway.. (By the way, can the rest of GNOME run
> > without libgtop by forcing the issue? I normally get this:
>
> You could add the package....
>
> Easiest way to add (assuming you don't have the CD's):
>
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.8-RELEASE/packages/devel/
> 	libgtop-0.26.2.tgz
> (all one line)
>
> Maybe it's time to go buy a SCSI card...  :-P

     If I could just find a supported one that hasn't been discontinued
or cost more than $300 :(
     In any case, the 2.2.8 GNOME is too old for my taste and I do have
KDE 1.1 up and running.  I am almost desperate enough to try writing that
driver except for the fact that I really would have no idea what the hell
I was doing.  Thanks for the help, though.

     Rob