Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 02:35:18 -0500
From:      "Jon Noack" <noackjr@compgeek.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: update of apache2 breaks  php4

> while installing mod_php4   WITH_APACHE2 the follow error occurs:
> php_functions.c:93 syntax error
> stop in ../work/php-4.2.1/sapi/apache2filter
1) try to upgrade (via "make -DWITH_APACHE2 install clean" or
                       "portupgrade -m 'DWITH_APACHE2' apache2")
2) remove lines 93-95 of php_functions.c
3) "make -DWITH_APACHE2 install clean" (not portupgrade, unless you prevent
it from cleaning before installing)

That seems to work for me -- might break something else, though.  Run
"pkgdb -F" afterward just to be sure...

> attempting to install apache2 standalone produces the following error when
you
> try to start apache.....
> httpd:module "sapi_apache2.c" is not compatible with this version of
Apache.
Comment out php module load in httpd.conf or upgrade as above.

Jon