Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 2014 13:59:52 -0600
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsdtar POLA change in 10.0?

--xQmOcGOVkeO43v2v

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 11:43:28AM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
>=20
> On Mar 6, 2014, at 6:00 AM, Mark Felder <feld@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > On Wed, Mar 5, 2014, at 6:50, Marat N.Afanasyev wrote:
> >> I wonder why
> >>=20
> >> bsdtar --one-file-system
> >>=20
> >> suddenly started to skip archiving of mount-points? And no mention of=
=20
> >> such behaviour change either in UPDATING or errata :(
> >>=20
> >=20
> >     --one-file-system
> >             (c, r, and u modes) Do not cross mount points.
> >=20
> > Isn't that what it's supposed to do? Skip any mounted filesystems? Was
> > it broken before? Or do I simply not understand the behavior you're
> > seeing.
>=20
> Before it would archive the directory where the other filesystem was moun=
ted, but nothing else.
>=20
> Now it doesn?t archive that directory.
>=20
> I believe this is a bug, since that directory (but nothing in it or under=
 it) still belongs to this filesystem...
>=20

I think that directory should be archived, but people need to be aware
that the results aren't the same as if the directory were archived with
the filesystem unmounted as the permissions and ownership may vary.

-- Brooks

--xQmOcGOVkeO43v2v

--xQmOcGOVkeO43v2v--