Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 22:02:31 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Mike Meyer" <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: home pc use

True, once the windows and wigits are built then even a slow link is OK
for that kind of thing.  And also in the latest X I understand they put in
network speedup code, although you have to be running current X on both
the server and client.  But unfortunately too many users get the impression
an application is "slow" just because it may take a couple minutes to
draw the screen, even though after the screen is drawn the app runs fine.

>> Pull crap like that a few too many times and your going to end up with
>> no job.  Yes, you can stave off the immediate demands with excuses.
>> Another common excuse that works with FreeBSD is "I left voicemail with
>> the consultant and he hasn't gotten back yet"
>
>Please note that the text Ted is replying to is *not* mine.

Sorry Mike, I did know that - I should have made it a bit more clear.  It
always gets my dander up to read all the FUD regarding support, it's the
most overrated thing in the software business there is.  But
I wouldn't worry too much as by now I think most people are deleting the
messages in this thread unread. ;-)