Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 02:32:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        JMS Internet <webmaster@jmsinternet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: named

[ Removing freebsd-stable from cross-posting: it's not an appropriate
forum for this ]

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, JMS Internet wrote:

> My server keeps spitting this line out in my messages log:
> WARNING SOA expire value is less than 7 days (432000)

Increase your expire value to something over 7 days :-) Check the SOA
section in your DNS zone files (if you're not sure what to do look around
for a DNS tutorial on the net, or consider buying a book)

> It shows this for each domain name in named...  And, lately, it has been
> going offline for no reason, not even a mention of that in the
> log..  Anybody know how I can fix this?

Not without more information.

Kris

----