Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2006 16:33:20 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Jerry McAllister" <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        Scott Hiemstra <shiemstra@h2.com>, 'FreeBSD-Questions Questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Does FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE support the 8237R?

Yes, he can.  Not a problem as long as he knows that his spouting
is being done for his own enjoyment, not because he seriously thinks
that he's right.  From my vantage point, it sounded like the OP was
really believing what he was saying.

>Getting those types of responses is one way that persons (at
>least some of
>them who have sufficient perception) learn how to make appropriate and
>meaningful responses.

appropriate and meaningful responses are in the eye of the beholder
as I already explained.  Too bad you missed that.

>> As I've said before on this mailing list, freebsd-questions
>is a public
>> mailing list that is FREE support.  You don't "have it your way" you
>> "have it the responders way"
>
>And the original poster subsequently became a responder.

See above.  Then look up the definition of "metadiscussion"

>Pecuniary reward is not the only reason to learn how to make reasonable,
>meaningful responses that are to the point of the question and to be
>able to understand the difference.   Being able to post responses that
>are respected in the community is another reward and may occasionally
>require learning from peoples comments on the quality of the responses.

Yup, I really need that totally unverifyable, most likely fake pen name
of mine
to be respected in the community. :-)  Wow, someone might even think I'm
a man, rather than the sweet, nubile, available, and very hetrosexual
 22 year old co-ed that I really am ;-)

Ted