Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 12:04:40 +0200
From:      Gert-Jan Vons <vons@iname.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   upgrade to FBSD3.3 on P166+ -> lower RC5 keyrate ?

Hello all,

my FBSD server (Cyrix P166+ rev 1.7) is running the rc5-64 client.

Under FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE, it ran at ~235KKeys/sec.

Two days ago, I installed FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE, and now my keyrate is down
to ~165KKeys/sec.

Since the machine's setup and kernel configuration didn't change at all, I
wonder why this happens, what change between 3.2R and 3.3R could have
caused this ?

Note that a friend's system with a P166+ rev 1.6 (cache forced to
write-through) used to run at ~150KKeys/sec under FBSD3.2, and he still
sees the same rate after the upgrade...

Does someone know what may be going on here ?

TIA,