Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:28:11 -0700
From:      Juan Carlos Ocasio <ocasio@utep.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:Road runner ISP

To whom it may concern:
              I have recently downloaded all the files neccessary to
install Freebsd on a pentium 200mmx. I plan on using it as a firewall
and sever for my home network.  I am new to Unix/Linux, although I do
have some basic knowledge of Linux and I am currently learning.  I still
have the  the question about accessing my  ISP.   To use Road Runner you
muct enable DCHP on the machine that you are using to login to Road
Runner.  Also the login sofware is for windows 3.1-windows nt.  I know
that you can use wine to emulate a windows program, but are there any
special configurations that you could suggest in order for it to work
properly.  Also how do I enable freebsd to get an IP from Road Runner.
And I beleive I will have to run IPX and Netbeu protocols for my other
two computers.  I realize that these are alot of questions, but I would
appreciate if you could send some answers my way.  I was going to use NT
server, but after reading about Linux and Freebsd I decided to go this
route....
Once again thank you for your attention...
Att.
Juan Carlos Ocasio
jocasio1@elp.rr.com