Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:58:13 -0400
From:      John <papalia@udel.edu>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stunnel not working in background

> > Hey all,
> >
> > I've been fiddling on and off with using stunnel to pipe through imapd and
> > ipop3d to require SSL.  The problem is, if I execute as:
> >
> > /usr/local/sbin/stunnel -d 993 -l /usr/local/libexec/imapd imapd
> >
> > If instead I execute as
> >
> > /usr/local/sbin/stunnel -f -d 993 -l /usr/local/libexec/imapd imapd
> >
> > Everything works just great.  Only problem is that it's running in the
> > foreground - not a good thing really.
> >
> > Any ideas or thoughts would be much appreciated!!!
>
>Is this old bug still there? See if this helps.

Another case of my inability to read... I had tried to figure out if the
version I had installed was the most recent or not - apparently although I
thought it was, it wasn't.  When I tried to install your patch all hell
broke loose :) so, I just tried a complete pkg deletion and install and it
all worked happily.  Sorry for the trouble!!!

--John