Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:38:38 -0500
From:      "Todd Reed" <ex279@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vinum Question

I just installed 3 HDD and I'm using vinum to strip across all three.  I
think I did everything correctly, but upon bootup of the system, I get the
following lines:

vinum: loaded
vinum: reading configurations from /dev/da1s1e
vinum: reading configurations from /dev/da2s1e
vinum: reading configurations from /dev/da3s1e
vinum: /dev is mounted read-only, not rebuilding /dev/vinum

Does this mean there is a problem?  I had edited the rc.conf and added the
following lines:

start_vinum="YES"
vinum_drives="/dev/da1e /dev/da2e /dev/da3e"

How do I really test to see if Vinum is working correctly?  I'm wanting to
run a MySQL server and have the database on the vinum drive.  How can I do
this?  Sorry for all the question!

I've got FreeBSD running on da0 drive, didn't want to include it in the
vinum drive.  just wanted to run the OS and system files off of it.

--Todd