Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:39:59 -0700
From:      Tony Coon <tcoon@cup.hp.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install question

I tried to install from a BSDi FreeBSD disc dated August 2000, and all
appeared to be going as expected, however when the system rebooted after
the install it goes through the firmware POST, etc, then just a blank
screen with a blinking cursor.  If the disc is disconnected, it delivers
a "insert floppy" or some such message, so it looks like the firmware is
finding the boot loader.

The machine is an unremarkable 200Mhz Pentium with IDE drive.  The video
is a bog standard Matrox Millineum VGA.

I've tried this install a couple of times with the same result.  There
seems to be nothing in the instructions or FAQ that describes this.

Any ideas where I can start looking aor where I may have gone wrong
during the install?

cheers,
tony
--

Tony Coon                                      (408) 447-4095
Hewlett-Packard                                tcoon@cup.hp.com