Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:51:41 -0800
From:      "steveb99" <steveb99@earthlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MySQL not responding

I have a FreeBSD 5.2.1 server with Apache 2, mod_php4, and MySQL4.
Individually all the pieces work.  Apache up and serving pages,  PHP
pages work, and MySQL is working and I restored my databases from a
Linux project.  I also moved all my working code from an old Linux
project. I also checked the accounts on MySQL and passwords so they
would work with the old code.

Problem:
Any page that calls MySQL stops at the MySQL call and sits there
forever. I threw in some debug code to confirm it is executing right
up to the call to MySQL.  What have I missed in setting this
environment up.  Is there something I need to do to Apache to call
MySQL.  Do I need to install MySQL client, I only install the server.

Can someone point me to some doc or advice on what to check next.

Thanks,
Steve B.