Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 05:46:52 +0200
From:      Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: init: /bin/sh terminated abnormally in /etc/rc after make world / cvsup in 4.1

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Mike Meyer wrote:
> Mark Rowlands writes:
> > and now /etc/rc aborts inviting me to give the path to /bin/sh
> >
> > the new kernel has installed ok so what did I miss?......I have obviously
> > misunderstood /failed to read the right docs. Please cc to
> > rowlands_mark@hotmail.com
>
> And what does /etc/rc print *before* it offers you that choice?
> The usual reason is a file system that it couldn't fix/mount, and it
> tells you about it.
>
> 	<mike
>
> it says precisely zilch, the error in rc is the first and only error message
and everything is mountable afterwards and rc can be run manually.

However,  this thread has now left the building.

It has taken a wander over to freebsd-stable  where it seems we have a
problem with the isp driver code for the qlogic card affecting builds after
Aug 23.

thanks for the input tho....

--
These are just my opinions