Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:56:12 -0500
From:      "Sconiers, John" <john.sconiers@Orbisnews.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   won't accept telnet connections

I inherited a Freebsd box and need a little help.  The Sys-admin
before me setup a trusted environment that only allows telnet to
certain freebsd  and sun boxes through a Linux box.  In order for me
to telnet to the freebsd box (or any other box) I must login to the
linux box first.  I am assuming that the freebsd box checks what IP #
you come in from and if your not coming in from the linux box it
refuses the connection.  Can someone please explain how I may resolve
this.

JOHN