Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 18:05:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike <mikey@kappaisle.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VPN over PPPoE

Julian,

I'm pretty sure that we can safely leave the T1 lines out of the
equation since both T1s go to the same ISP from different locations.
I suspect the problem is on the PPPoE (running Netgraph PPPoE) side
because none of the IPSec packets actually go out from the tun0 device
when I sniff the network.

The PPPoE alone works fine and dandy, and I have set the MTU to 1492 for
tun0 and both the internal and external NICs.  The ADSL connection is
through Bell Nexxia.

I don't know if this gives you enough information about my setup, but if
you'd like to know more details,  I can draw the network diagram
between the T1 site and the ADSL site.

Thank you for your help.

Mike