Date:      Sun, 22 Nov 1998 20:56:46 -0600
From:      "Donovan Woodside" <woodsidd@letu.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

I am currently attempting to install FreeBSD 2.2.5 on a 486 with the floppy
drive (I don't have a CD drive). My problem comes when I get to the commit
menu. I tell it yes, insert the first disk in the set and it accesses the
floppy drive. Then tells me that it couldn't extract the selected packages
(bin, manpages, dict, etc.) because they are probably not available on the
selected installation media. Yet I've explicitly followed the instructions
on creating the floppies from the CD. If you could give me some solutions to
help resolve this, aside from doing the obvious and upgrade to a better
machine, it would be much apreciated.

Don't worry about responding to the address in the header. For some strange
reason I can send mail but I can't receive it, so please respond to
alphaomega_1984@yahoo.com

Thanks.