Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 02:48:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: update of apache2 breaks  php4

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Mark Rowlands wrote:

> while installing mod_php4   WITH_APACHE2 the follow error occurs:
>
> php_functions.c:93 syntax error
>
> stop in ../work/php-4.2.1/sapi/apache2filter
>
> attempting to install apache2 standalone produces the following error when you
> try to start apache.....
>
> httpd:module "sapi_apache2.c" is not compatible with this version of Apache.
>
> thoughts anybody?

Edited php_functions.c and replaced MODULE_MAGIC_AT_LEAST with
AP_MODULE_MAGIC_AT_LEAST. It built. It runs.

I don't know or care if and what it breaks, and won't know until I
actually read some documentation in the morning, and therefore will not
recommend it to anyone less desperate than I am. I just need a working
production server right now and without reverting to 2.0.36. This seems to
do the trick.

-ac