Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:21:28 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <patrick@mip.co.za>
To:        "Marc" <mjhome@cyber-quest.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: File-attach

If you are wanting to stick to stuf that will run in a shell (ie, NOT perl):

1) have a look at 'mpack' in the ports:
caesar carrot:/usr/ports# make search key=mpack
Port:   mpack-1.5
Info:   External MIME packer/unpacker
Maint:  ache@FreeBSD.org
Index:  converters mail news
B-deps:
R-deps:

mpack can be used in scripts.  It has one caveat (if I remember correctly),
you MUST have an attachment for the email.

2) I wrote a script once-upon-a-time which allows you to send an email with
content and/or attachment.  It was basically a wrapper for sendmail with
uuencode to do the attachemnts.  If you need it let me know and I'll dig it
up.

Patrick.