Date:      Fri, 6 May 2005 17:02:57 +0200
From:      albi <albi@scii.nl>
To:        "Cody Holland" <cholland@redmoonbroadband.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding PHP Plugin

On Fri, 6 May 2005 09:48:30 -0500
"Cody Holland" <cholland@redmoonbroadband.com> wrote:

> How would I go about adding a pluggin to php4-extension.  I've already
> installed in, but need to add support for pcntl.  Do I need to remove
> extensions all together and reinstall them from scratch, or is there an
> easier way??

did you install php and, say, apache completely from source and not
from ports ?

a quick "cd /usr/ports ; make search key=pcntl" shows both pcntl for
php4 and php5

afaik via the ports it will update /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini
automagically

in case of using php/apache without the ports-collection it's a matter
of editing that last file i assume

HTH