Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 11:43:36 -0700 (MST)
From:      Steve Jorgensen <steve@khoral.com>
To:        bts@babbleon.org (The Babbler)
Cc:        sef@kithrup.com (Sean Eric Fagan), mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More laptop woes -- HP 4150

The Babbler wrote
>> Well, let's clarify something.  This messing around is necessary only
>> for the 1400x1050 display, right?
>>
>> 'Cause I have an i7500 with the 1280x1024 display, and I haven't had to
>> mess around with it at all.  In fact, my FreeBSD 3.6 under FreeBSD 4.2
>> was the smoothest & easiest X install I've ever done on any computer. (I
>> moved up to FreeBSD 4.2 from Linux Mandrake 7.1.)

	Well, I never got anything higher than 800x600 to work when
	I tried it, but I did this months ago.  Early August if
	memory serves.  I haven't really messed with my X server
	since then, but I have seen the messages saying that
	4.x is working, if I was doing this today, I'd probably just
	use 4.x.

						Steve

Steven Jorgensen      steve@khoral.com	 steve@spukhaus.com