Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 18:42:17 -40962758 (MET)
From:      hwr@snert.pilhuhn.de (Heiko W.Rupp)
To:        tom@uniserve.com (Tom Samplonius)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: spontaneous reboot with -stable

Tom Samplonious:

> > Hm? Has your computer been stable before?
>
>   Not with a 2940 in it.  Disk hangs and total lockups were common under

Interesting .. I found the old driver only slow (maximum half speed of
the bt946c), but I had that 21+14 days uptime with the old one.

> the old driver.  Problems were also experienced with wcarchive, which is
> why a lot of the changes were made.

>   It seems that only users with 2842's (and maybe 2742's) seem to have a
> problem with the new driver.

Perhaps I should try it out ... I am still a bit afraid that the box
might loos stability; better only 7 oder 14 days of uptime than only
2 days and a little bit faster ...